Saturday, November 29, 2014

Baby is here! :)

I didn't want to post all the details of the birth on facebook, but I am here.  The birth went really well. I was induced starting at 8 am, he was here by 11:44am.  I was dialated to a five when I got there with no pain at all, at 10:30 I was still at a five, at 11:00 I was at a 10 and ready to push. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the doctor to get there, but when she did I pushed about 15 minutes and he was here.  I tore a little bit, but not much. He also had the cord wrapped twice tightly around his neck, but they got it off pretty quick and he seems fine.  Aaron is the name we have chosen, he was 7lbs 12 0z 20 inches long, so bigger than Matthew.  (Matthew was also a week later!) This kid definatly likes to eat more than Matthew did at one time.  I don't have to feed him so many times, which is great.  Matthew was always low blood sugar and would not eat a lot at once so I was feeding him tons!  He has been less open eyed than Matthew and sleeps a lot more so far as well.  I have felt in less pain and able to handle things better.  A HUGE blessing was that I was so excited and in love with him when he got here!  For those of you who know I went through major post patrum from the get go with Matthew and did not want anything to do with a baby when he got here and had a hard time dealing with myself let alone a new baby. More than anything I just wanted to love him but I could not make that happen (now I love him more than I could imagine!)  I know I am not out of the blue for post patrum yet, but just loving my new son right off was  huge difference!  All in all both of us are doing well and enjoying the peace of the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys! :) Glad that everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thrilled for your little family. And yay for feeling an instant love and bond with Aaron. He sounds like he is going to be an easy going baby for you.

    ReplyDelete