Monday, September 8, 2014

Latest

Got to do the lovely glucose test today.  It is not bad tasting to me, but I don't like the fizzly in your throat.  I also felt a bit sick to my stomach immediatly after the drink, but it went away realtivly quickly.  We will get the test results in a couple days, if I don't get back to you, they were normal.  When they were drawing the blood for the test they also took Thyroid.  I am not sure why but the hospital recommended they do that at 28 weeks, so they did. They asked me if i knew why. I said I didn't.  (they may have told me why, but I don't remember).  Anyway, thinking that will be fine.

The doc visit went well. Short, sweet, to the point. Baby heartbeat sounds good, and I am measuring just under 28 weeks, which is right where I am at. Matthew always measured just a bit small, so I am not concerned about that at all. Next appointment will be in four weeks, then I'm already down to the two week visits, crazy!  Its definalty gone a lot fast this time around.  There is so much to do before baby gets here.

I am also trying to prepare a bit in case I had post patrum depression like I had last time. Hopefully if I do it will not be as severe.  One thing I plan on doing is using paper plates/cups/etc to cut down on dishes for the first month or two as well as make enough frozen dinners for a month.  I have some ideas from six sisters, as well as costco that I want to try, but if any of you have favorite recipes that freeze well or websites you like, please sent them my way! :)

2 comments:

  1. Do you happen to follow Katy Claytons blog? She did a ton before her last baby. It looked like a good process. She could be a good resource!

    ReplyDelete