Monday, April 7, 2014

A story you may want to read

Here is a story, not to be shared or talked about on facebook. We will do that when we are ready. However, for our devoted followers on the site you get the privy information.


Tues 3/25
We sat down Tuesday night (3/25) to really figure out our finances, we found we have a grand total of about $300 to contribute to an IVF.  Yep, you read that right, 300.  Pretty much a spec of sand along the seashore.  However, we did find one or two ways we could actually save 30 a month, so not a lot but it will help. Michael also got a 40 cents and hour raise, that could go toward it.   We didn't realize we had so little to put toward it, but was determined.

Yesterday, I was also reading an article from the ensign with a man named Aaron in it (it is also a name we've considered for a baby) and felt briefly a baby would be headed our way.  I didn't dwell on it too much, as it was more like a passing thought.

 I also went shopping at the dollar store  for a few items. I saw some pregnancy tests at the check out counter, and decided to grab a few in case I ever wanted to use them in the future since they go out of stock so fast here!

Wens 3/26

Woke up this morning and was a day late with the monthly cycle, I wasn't panicked because I was two days late the month before.  My schedule has seem to be a bit off or different since stopping the medication and treatments.  I debated using a pregnancy test because I was a day late, but didn't want to waste it.  Then I decided I'd just go ahead cuz then i wouldn't freak out and keep wondering, I'd just know. So I took it.  It came back positive!!!  What?!?  Michael was home and I took it in to him, and we were super happy but not sure we believed it.  We called the doctor and he scheduled a blood pregnancy test that day. It came back positive as well.  I think he also was a bit doubtful so he scheduled another one two days later to make sure the numbers were going up.  They told me to start taking progesterone just in case.  I could not believe it!  After a full year of  unsuccessful treatments, we get pregnant on our own? Are you kidding me?  I'll take it!  We are super worried about affording IVF, and this would be much more affordable, and if it sticks, a definite blessing of God.

Fri 3/28
Took second pregnancy blood test, came back with Hcg 1680 or something like that, which is great!  They say keep taking progesterone.  I have noticed the smells coming strongly and feeling a bit queezy over the smell of meat today.  We hope it lasts! We will have an ultrasound in two and a half weeks to see if this baby is still doing well. I am a bit nervous after our last outcome, but at the moment super excited as well. We are praying for the best, but this is in the Lord's hands no matter what way it goes.


Mon 3/31

Super worried out of my mind!! I was feelings super sick  on friday, and that slowly left and is completely gone. I don't feel any pregnancy symptoms at all, except a little tenderness.  I called the doctor and told them why I was worried (this happened the last time when we miscarried!). I had no bleeding or cramps, but I never did with the other either.  With the other we found out simply by ultrasound.  So super super nervous!  She said I could do another blood test to see if it was still going up. I could wait a few days as well then do one if i didn't notice a change.

Fri 4/4
I was considering doing a blood test Friday or Monday since I would officially be six weeks by then, but Wed night I started getting that heartburn and a bit of nausea.  Symptoms were worse Thurs night, and tonight they have been there, but nowhere as bad as Thursday night. (I always had "morning sickness" in the evening or late afternoon with Matthew)  If I got sick again, however, those HcG levels and hormones must still be going up, so I am going to forgo the blood test for now.  So I guess we are just going to have to wait for that ultrasound and see where we are. Its another week away.  I am super super nervous for the ultrasound.  I'm so frightened that what happened last time will happen again.  Last time I didn't have many symptoms before the ultrasound, I felt good most days, was sick only a day or maybe two the whole time.  Anyway, crossing my fingers.  So nervous!!


Mon 4/7
I have been sick everyday since last wed, at least a little bit.  Some days sicker than others. If you come over and the house is a mess, you'll know why.  Most of the time its afternoon and evening, occasionally its been all day.  Hoping this is a good sign. We will find out in a week if things are going well up to this point.  We could use all the prayers for this little one we can get!!!  We will let you know what we find out in a week.  However, for now this is on the down low.  I have no idea how we were able to get pregnant. We realize that this pregnancy is not a done deal, we don't have a baby, and I still don't know what awaits around the next corner.  If this fails we are not forgetting about doing IVF because we really feel that again, we have currently witnessed our own miracle. The chances of this happening are super low medically speaking.  This is the second time we've gotten pregnant on our own in six years of marriage! Period.  No others. That lets you know its a bit of a miracle right there.

  Thanks for reading and thanks for your support!!!

10 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes crossed. Very positive thoughts are coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I wasn't even expecting to read this! Wow, what a miracle. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I am sorry you are sick, but then I am not, as I am sure it brings you some hope and comfort. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story and we are praying hard for this little baby. Addie is even getting pretty good at saying Brewertons, although it may be something more like beweraeratons!! Hoping for a healthy fighting little miracle and the blessings of added bliss for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers & hugs headed your way!! Cant wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the best news I have heard all day! :) We have you full force in our prayers. This is soooo exciting! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot even express my joy for you right now! I could cry! I think about you guys all the time. Lots of prayers will be said for you and your baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has made my day!! We will be praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such happy news!! Sending prayers your way

    ReplyDelete