Sunday, March 16, 2014

some recent thoughts...

Michael and I decided if we ever get enough money that we have extra to spare we want to do like a "fertility scholarship" thing for someone who could really use the help once a year, or at least  once in our life. Of course we don't have that type of money right now, but its a cause we firmly believe in, helping others get their families here.  That is our goal to one day be able to do that for someone,especially if insurance will not help a ton.  I am happy the bill passed in Utah enabling some help with fertility.  I'm assuming its not much and under certain circumstance and with a limit.  I have a hard time understanding all that legislation.   We were both talking about how neat it would be!!

Also, just talking with so many people about the different roads they have traveled to get their children is so neat.  Most have already gotten their children, some have not been able to yet. Whether it was through foster to adoption, regular adoption, or IVF cycle, each story is unique, and its amazing to see their families grow and the love and testimonies they have shared with us.  The Lord has his hand in it, even though the way for some couples seems to grow more difficult. Many families have been blessed miraculously with beautiful children. Each story has been a miracle--and I am glad these children have come to bless the lives of those families.

I was reading an old article in the ensign (a lds magazine). It talked about infertility. One lady said she was so annoyed that people would get up in meetings and say "i'm so grateful heavenly father trusted me enough to send me this baby."  It would really hurt her because she would question, is she trusted?  I can totally understand that. There was a time that I may have felt that way, and maybe on a  bad day I still might.  As I read that, however, I thought, perhaps the Lord trusts me with the trial of infertility.  Not that its something I want, nor that he wanted to "punish" me with, but He trusts me with it. He trusts me to be a light to others.  He trusts me to buoy others up going through the same situation.  He trusts me to be compassionate.  He trusts me to be a friend. He trusts me to speak out.  He trusts me to spread hope.  He trusts me to do the best I can.   And yes, He definitely trusts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment