Tuesday, October 7, 2014

32 weeks

We made it to 32 weeks.  Hurray :). Baby is doing well. Heartbeat about 136ish, which is normal for this time.  Measuring about right on, 31 1/2 weeks.  I am guessing this will be a bit bigger baby than Matthew, who was a week late, but small.  He has always been small...he is almost 30 lbs now though!  Yes, still in the third percentile for weight. It has not changed.

So I have still been super tired. I wasn't sure if it was just because I was getting further a long in pregnancy, which I know defiantly has an affect.  Last time they said they would check my iron again.  I had to ask them, as they did not bring it up. They checked it.   It was at a 9 (so 27) and below a 11 is anemic.  They asked if I was taking the iron pills, which I have been every night.  They asked how I was taking them (best is on an empty stomach with vitamin c not with any calcium near time taking pill). I have been taking them right.  They said I need to double up on the pills. Now it will be one at night, one in the morning. I guess they will check next time and we will go from there.  I am just glad I am not below 6. If you are below 6 that could start causing issues for the baby, including higher risk for stillborn. 

I am down to the 2 week appointments for the next couple times and then down to weekly appointments. I can't believe it.  It has gone super fast compared to last time.  Last time I was super nervous for the little one to get here in general. This time I am still nervous to go through post patrum again. We are trying to make plans in case that happens.  However, even still, I would go through anything to have a little friend for Matthew and another little one in our home. Even if I go through it again, I am very greatful for this miracle. 

1 comment:

  1. I just got thinking, have you been focused on increasing iron in your diet? We may have talked about this and I don't remember. I did tons of research on iron rich foods when mine got super low. I started feeling better fairly quickly but obviously our situations are very different. I can send you a list if you want it. Hope it doesn't drop further. Those are scary risks!

    ReplyDelete