Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Try 5 1/2

When I called the fertility doctor (spoke to the nurse of course) to get going on another round of IUI, she said "well, you've already done four. Don't you think its time to set up an appointment to see the doctor and talk about a IVF cycle now?"  I'm like um...no, I did get pregnant with IUI the third time, I just had a miscarriage so he gave me three more tries.  "Oh, well, um...let me see in the computer, well okay I'll connect you to the front desk."  Thank you. Sometimes its hard to get past the nurses there once you've already talked to the doctor.    However, had an appointment today, and it went well. They checked also for eggs already because they did not want what happened last time to happen again.   There was a small one on the right side,  so hopefully the clomid will make at least one good one on the left.  I'm not sure if this is my last try or not.  We technically only made it through half the cycle the last time.  However, you want to be careful how many times you take clomid.  It has a small possibility of increasing the risk of Ovarian cancer if you use it too many times.  The doctor we talked to said that happens after 12 times of use, and they never come close to that. The paper I get from the pharmacy says not to use it more than six times, so we will see what happens. I'm not sure I even took it on time last time anyway.  Hopefully we will just get pregnant, right?  If not, I guess we will see what our next step is. We are not looking to do an IVF cycle right away because of the expense and how invasive it is. (with meds and treatment the last perosn I talked to said it was 14,000 ).  We have thought about looking into LDS adoption services because that is all we could afford about now as a second option. Anyway, hope for the best and we will need  A LOT of prayers this cycle! Thanks everyone.

1 comment: