Monday, May 5, 2014

Visit three...

We went to the regular OB today for a first visit.  Surprisingly they also did an ultrasound, he didn't give us pictures it was just a quick check of heartbeat.  I wasn't expecting that. They again changed my due date to Nov 30th. At this point I don't really care what it is, it is the weekend of Thanksgiving, that much hasn't changed.  They decided to change it based on last period and cycle vs. measurements like the fertility doctor did.
The heart beat is good though, still kicking.  :).  We won't have another appointment until June 9th, so in five weeks.  The doc said by that time I will be 15 weeks, we can do the blood test at the same time to check for chromosomal abnormalities. We didn't even do that last time, but when a patient is 35 they want to do it since chances of that start going up at 35.  I would rather wait until a baby is born and deal with it then. However, if there was some type of thing that the doctors would need to do an emergency surgery or something when the child was born , or having a possibility of doing that, that may be good to know so they can prepare what they need to.  It will be a incredibly long five weeks I'm sure!  So far still sick most days, however, the intensity of it is easing up at least.  Hoping it won't be too much longer. With Matthew I was sick until week 14, so I am hoping for the same (or earlier, I'd take that too!). He said we will do a 15 week appointment then a 20 week appointment, so we will keep you updated when those happen.We are feeling much more confident, though we are not out of the woods yet.  Thanks for your continued support and prayers, it means a lot!

 [this sentence has nothing to do with pregnancy.  I love looking back on what I've written and seeing incomplete sentences, improper punctuation, etc.; however I'm just too lazy to change it so for those of you English majors out there I apologize. I know its painful ;) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment